Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hello from the swamp!






Hope you like the above pictures. Being a dad is awesome, but it is also a damp endeavor. Since we have become three, the house is...well wetter than ever before. I am not referring to the extra daily load of laundry, although that does add to the general moistness here, rather I am referring to wet burp cloths, towels, drooly sheets, diapers, washcloths, onesies, and all of those other unidentified damp spots I find (and then find myself smelling). Having a child changes you. I have never before purposely stuck my nose mere inches from any unidentified wetness that I happen upon, yet now I find myself snatching up anything that is damp and willingly determining the cause of its wetness through my nose. Even more odd, I am actually happy when I can clearly determine that I am smelling pee, or spit-up, or even diarrhea so I can just throw the item in the laundry hamper (hence the extra load per day). I actually dislike finding an odorless dampness because then I have to make a choice: am I smelling water? Baby drool? Dog drool? Should I leave it, hang it up to dry, or throw it in the hamper? In the end I tend to rely on expert opinion when making this decision; I simply holler across the house to Alli and ask her what I should do. Hey, it may not be the most effective method, but it's the safest.

No comments: